Based in Bucharest, the successful candidate will:
• support the marine underwriting team with wide range of tasks including (but not limited to) maintaining and analysing underwriting information and databases
• produce technical documents such as reports, policies and debit notes.
• prepare draft insurance quotes and indication under supervision of Head of Marine – both hull and cargo
• support policy renewal process
• correspond with broker partners and clients
• analyse quote database to identify statistical trends and historical patterns
• wherever possible initiate new ideas and concepts to streamline the underwriting process
• comply with all legal and regulatory requirements as well as CEE Specialty MGA agency agreements;
Successful candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
• ideally Mathematics, Econometrics, Economics or similar technical degree from top University such as ASE / similar caliber
• relevant work experience not essential but an advantage
• ability to work in an international environment with strong English language skills – written and spoken. Successful candidate will benefit from an attractive remuneration scheme, including:
• ** Competitive fixed salary **
• ** Monthly bonus scheme based on underwriting results **
• ** New Bucharest office location in Cube Center Victoriei **
Candidates are requested to submit their CVs (in English please) before 25th June 2021.
About CEE Specialty
Set-up in early 2019, CEE Specialty is a specialist non-life insurance underwriting agency headquartered and regulated in Prague, Czech Republic with an approved branch in Bucharest, Romania. CEE Specialty underwrites on behalf of various major European insurance groups with A ratings with Standard & Poor’s.
Core target insurance classes include Black Sea Marine Hull and Cargo, Commercial Property, Liability, Cyber and Bonds primarily in Czech Republic, Slovakia and CEE. Our preferred distribution channel is through trusted broker partners.